The breakup of a marriage is often one of the most stressful times in a person’s life. Divorce means permanent changes for both spouses and children, and there will be many questions at the outset, such as: Where will I live? Where will my children live? How will I support myself?
When you entered into your marriage, you and your spouse became, in many respects, a single legal entity. As your marriage ends, consulting an experienced divorce lawyer in the Rocklin area may be the key to preserving your individual rights.
No two couples and no two situations are exactly alike. Among the many issues that need to be taken into consideration are:
- Was there a prenuptial agreement?
- What qualifies as marital property?
- What kind of child custody arrangements are the parents comfortable with, and what is in the best interests of the children?
- What about child support and spousal support?
- What happens if one parent will be living out-of-state?
The Rocklin divorce attorneys of Bowman & Associates help clients throughout California from their offices in Sacramento and Folsom. If you or someone you know needs legal information about divorce, contact our experienced law firm for a free initial consultation.